I am now focusing on building SkyPilot, a framework for easily and cost effectively running ML and batch jobs on any cloud, which aims to realize the sky computing vision. Please check out our system on Github. The paper will be available soon in NSDI’23.
Before coming to Berkeley, I was an undergraduate student majoring in computer science at Shanghai Jiao Tong University (SJTU), a member of the SJTU ACM Honors Class, and a research intern working with Prof. Kai Yu and Prof. Yanmin Qian at SJTU SpeechLab. I also had a wonderful time as a research assistant working with Prof. Song Han at MIT HAN Lab.
- [2023.04] Our SkyPilot paper is appearing in NSDI’23. Star
- [2023.03] An open-source chatbot, Vicuna, powered by SkyPilot is released with a demo. Star
University of California, Berkeley, USA
Ph.D. student at Sky Computing Lab (aka RISELab, AMPLab). Aug. 2020 - Present
Massachusetts Institute Technology, USA
Research assistant, working with Prof. Song Han. Jul. 2019 - Jan. 2020.
Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China
B.Eng. in Computer Science at ACM Honors Class, advised by Yong Yu. Sep. 2016 - Jun. 2020.
Honors & Award
- 1st place, in Visual Wake Words (VWW) Challenge of CVPR’19, 2019.
- 3rd place, in Low Power Image Recognition Challenge of CVPR’19 (1st place of academic groups), 2019.
- Outstanding Winner,in Mathematical Contest in Modeling (top 0.5%), 2017.
- Chinese National Scholarship, highest honor for undergraduates, top 0.2% nation wide, 2018 & 2019.
- Excellent Graduate Award of SJTU, the highest honor for graduates at SJTU, 2020.
- Zhiyuan Outstanding Student Scholarship of SJTU, 16 graduates of SJTU Zhiyuan College, 2020.
- Fan Hsu-Chi Chancellor’s Scholarship, top 0.1%of 17,000 students in SJTU, 2017.
- Zhiyuan Honorary Scholarship, top 5% of 17,000 students in SJTU, 2016-2018.